- ASSOCIATION OF YOUNG PEOPLE WITH M.E. (AYME) BOX 605, MILTON KEYNES, MK2 2XD Tel: 01908 373300 Fax: 01908 274136 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.ayme.org.uk AYME has various services including a magazine every two months, a pen-pal service, buddy scheme and library. There are three advisors dealing with medical, educational and psychological matters. Members who are well enough can attend the annual get together, which is videoed for those at home. Membership is free to people with M.E. under 26.
- YOUNG ACTION ONLINE, P.O. BOX 4347, STOCK, INGATESTONE, ESSEX, CM4 9TE E-mail: email@example.com Website: www.youngactiononline.com YAOnline is a specialist information provider and works in partnership with Tymes Trust. All website information is free of charge.
- TYMES TRUST, P.O. BOX 4347, STOCK, INGATESTONE, ESSEX, CM4 9TE Advice line: 01245 40 10 80 (11am – 1pm & 5-7pm, Mon – Fri). Tymes Trust publishes a quarterly magazine, and information packs. Tymes Trust provides free telephone, E-mail and correspondence support services advising on issues ranging from energy management and mobility aids to liasing with health/education professionals. The organisation specialises in training education professionals, and runs day courses for a multi-disciplinary clientele in association with The National Association of Educational Inspectors, Advisors and Consultants. Parents and young people are welcome at these courses. Annual Subscription to TYMES magazine is free to people with M.E. under the age of 26, and costs £5.50 for those over 26. Jane Colby, chief Advisor to Tymes Trust, also gives individual educational consultations, lectures etc.
- ACTION FOR M.E.’s young people service Tel: 01749 670799 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- THE FAMILY FUND TRUST, P.O. BOX 50, YORK, Y01 9ZX Tel: 0845 130 4542 (local rate) Textphone: 01904 658085 E-mail: email@example.com Website: www.familyfundtrust.org.uk The purpose of the Family Fund Trust is to ease the stress on families who care for very severely disabled children under 16, by providing grants and information related to the care of the child. Further details are available from the Information Officer.
- CHILDREN’S LEGAL CENTRE, UNIVERSITY OF ESSEX, WIVENHOE PARK, COLCHESTER, CO4 3SQ Tel: 01206 873 873 Advice line: 01206 873820 Fax: 01206 874 026 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.childrenslegalcentre.com
- CHILDLINE, FREEPOST 1111, LONDON N1 OBR Freephone: 0800 1111, 24 hours a day (will not show up on itemised phone bills). Website: www.childline.org.uk
- CHILDLINE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE IN CARE Tel: 0800 884444. Mon-Fri. 3.30-9.30 Weekends 2-8pm
Child Protection Procedures
AfME Information for young people; YAO Action for M.E. Children’s Charter; YAO M.E. in Children; YAO Childhood M.E. £2.50 (cheques payable to ‘Tymes Trust’); YAO The Collaborative Care Management Model; AYME Research Project Speaking Up – Experiences of AYME members £1.50; InterAction 20; 1995; pages 26-30 Children and M.E: Overview by Dr Alan Franklin; InterAction 32; 2000; pages 3 and 5 Panorama on mistreatment of children with M.E.